Stay 4 nights in any of our apartments and only pay for 3. That’s one night free!
With saving like these, this will truly be a holiday to remember!
This special is valid for bookings made direct by phone or email and for stays between 26/04/2017 and 23/09/2017 excluding school and public holidays.
1 Bedroom $ 585.00 for 4 nights
2 Bedroom $ 675.00 for 4 nights
3 Bedroom $ 825.00 for 4 nights
1 Bedroom $ 720.00 for 4 nights
2 Bedroom $ 825.00 for 4 nights
3 Bedroom $ 975.00 for 4 nights
1 Bedroom $ 780.00 for 4 nights
2 Bedroom $ 885.00 for 4 nights
3 Bedroom $ 1035.00 for 4 nights
Take an Amaroo whale and dolphin watch cruise
Slide down the awesome, massive beach sand dune at One Mile Beach
Walk up the spectacular Cape Hawke lookout at sunrise
Take an unforgettable horse ride on the beach with Horse About Tours – if your feeling adventurous try the full moon night ride
Wake up to a morning SUP yoga session on the beautiful Wallis Lake with Jungle Surf
Have breakfast at Beach Bums Cafe on Main Beach
Explore the enormous water ways of the area whether you bring your own or hire a tinny/ sup/ kayak/ canoe/water bike
Find a quiet spot to throw your line in and try your luck while watching the sunset over the lake
Take the kids to the Big Buzz fun park
Explore the walks and views at one of the many beautiful national parks in the area
Take a Swim with the Dolphins Trip with Forster Dive Centre
Explore the vivid main street shops, cafes, restaurants and galleries
For more information and details come and have a chat to us at reception or check out the Great Lakes Website.
If you are looking for another excuse to getaway to the Midcoast Region this Spring, we’ve scoured the area to uncover the best events to make your holiday even better.
These events are all held within comfortable driving distance from our beautiful accommodation and give you the perfect excuse to explore all the area has to offer.
Spring Fling – Coastal country Racing at its best – 10th September
The Jockey Club Tuncurry Forster presents their next race meeting. Always a fun day out.
Forster Running Festival – 11 Sep 2016
Come and celebrate the 7th Brooks Forster Running Festival. The success from previous years has seen numbers grow to over a thousand competitors since the inaugural event in 2011.
Not a runner? Team up with your friends and family and enjoy the beautiful 4km walk and talk. All competitors throughout the day receive finishing medals, fresh fruit and ice cream for their recovery.
For more events in September: Visit www.greatlakes.org.au
Old Bar Beach Festival – October Long Weekend
Held every October long weekend at Old Bar on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales this award winning Festival celebrates all that is special and unique about Aussie beach culture. Centre stage is that iconic vehicle of the beach road trip, the Kombi and there’s loads more besides. Why not drop in and join in the fun.
Akoostic Music Festival – October 14, 15 and 16
3 DAYS OF NON-STOP MUSIC. The Wingham Akoostik Festival presents local and touring artists playing diverse musical styles. A mix of well-known Australian icons have performed on the Akoostik stages. The festival is a family friendly event! The live entertainment and workshop activities cater for all ages and interests. This year’s line-up includes Ross Wilson, Ash Grunwald and Shannon Noll just to name a few.
Forster Ultimate Triathlon Festival – Sat 15 & Sun 16 Oct
The Forster Triathlon Festival is set to excite and thrill athletes from across Australia and overseas. A haven for watersports, Forster is the centre of the Great Lakes area and home to a number of fantastic beaches. Get set for an experience of a lifetime as an expected field of over 1,000 triathlete’s race on this amazing course that also offers family and friends of athletes the perfect getaway.
For more events in October: Visit www.greatlakes.org.au
Lakeside Festival – Music Art Market Food Wine – Fri 4 – Sun 6 Nov
Saturday brings a feast for all your senses. Relax with great music while enjoying delicious food and wine. Whet your appetite watching cooking demonstrations which will showcase our local produce. Indulge in some retail therapy at the art market, bursting with local handmade unique pieces. Add a gorgeous view and entertainment for the kids and this is a date for your diary and one not to miss. “Lakeside” continues to offer a full day of awesome live music.
Great Lakes Pearl Dragons Regatta – Sat 19 & Sun 20 Nov
Come along, enjoy a full day of racing. Cheer on your local team as they compete against clubs from NSW regions. Watch the community teams as they experience the thrill of dragon boat racing.
For more events in November: Visit www.greatlakes.org.au
If you have spent anytime at all reading reviews on platforms like TripAdvisor, you really do have to wonder what some people were thinking when they booked their holidays.
98% of our reviews are great and constructive and the majority of guests who may be unhappy are generally won over when we go the extra mile with our customer service.
A bit like road rage, review rage can be a very real thing.
A survey from Thomas Cook and ABTA reveals some of the most ridiculous complaints by holiday-makers made to their travel agent.
You really have to wonder if these people are serious!
1. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”
2. “It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time – this should be banned.”
3. “On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”
4. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels.”
5. “A tourist at a top African Game Lodge over looking a water hole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel “inadequate”.
6. A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she’d been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the “do not disturb” sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.
7. “The beach was too sandy.”
8. “We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure.Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.”
9. A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.
10. “Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women.”
11. “We bought ‘Ray-Ban’ sunglasses for five Euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.”
12. “No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”
13. “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home.”
14. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends’ three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller..”
15. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying there?”
16. “There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad.”
17. “We had to queue outside with no air conditioning.”
18. “It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.”
19. “I was bitten by a mosquito, no-one said they could bite.”
20. “My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
What is one of the craziest reviews you’ve ever read?
The Great Lakes region is fast becoming one of NSW’s most popular destination wedding locations on the Mid North Coast. With stunning natural landmarks, pristine beaches and picture perfect lakeside landscapes, there is a wedding location just right for every bride and groom.
Forster Tuncurry area has a great selection of restaurants, caterers and venues to suit most reception needs, and professional photographers who can bring your unique vision to life. The region boasts many diverse and picturesque options including: peaceful and secluded Seal Rocks with the iconic Sugarloaf lighthouse, the bustling trendy hamlet of Pacific Palms with its luxury beach side houses, Tiona’s outdoor Green Cathedral nestled on the banks of Wallis Lake amongst the towering palm trees and cabbage palms and Forster Tuncurry the bustling beach side twin towns, boasting stunning lake views across the crystal blue waters of the lake and ocean.
The region also has access to some of the nation’s best seafood, legendary Sydney Rock oysters and boutique local wine makers.
Located an easy 3 hour drive north of Sydney, the Great Lakes region is far away enough to escape the city hustle and bustle, yet close enough for your guests to enjoy a peaceful and relaxed time away for your wedding.
You can find a full directory listing of wedding specific providers on the Great Lakes Tourism website HERE.
Sevan Preferred Wedding Providers
Black Label Limousines Forster
“We pride ourselves on our personalised, friendly and professional service with attention to the finest detail.”
Leau Da Cha – Food with Flair.
We support your entire event by collaborating in the planning and design stages of the menu, to coordinating all food and function needs. We then ensures the personal delivery of the menu, with all food handmade and sourced from local produce from the Forster Tuncurry region.
Great Lakes Tourism has put together some exciting scenic drive itineraries showcasing some of the areas fabulous attractions.
What a fantastic time of year to get out and explore all the beautiful diversity our region has to offer!
Visit ‘the Grandis’ – the tallest tree in NSW, Pebbly Beach, Ellanborough Falls, Seal Rocks, Picnic at Whoota Whoota National Park and much much more…
Head over to the Great Lakes Tourism website to choose from various coastal, hinterland, 2 Wheel Drive and 4 Wheel Drive itineraries.