If you have spent anytime at all reading reviews on platforms like TripAdvisor, you really do have to wonder what some people were thinking when they booked their holidays.
98% of our reviews are great and constructive and the majority of guests who may be unhappy are generally won over when we go the extra mile with our customer service.
A bit like road rage, review rage can be a very real thing.
A survey from Thomas Cook and ABTA reveals some of the most ridiculous complaints by holiday-makers made to their travel agent.
You really have to wonder if these people are serious!
1. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”
2. “It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time – this should be banned.”
3. “On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”
4. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels.”
5. “A tourist at a top African Game Lodge over looking a water hole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel “inadequate”.
6. A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she’d been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the “do not disturb” sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.
7. “The beach was too sandy.”
8. “We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure.Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.”
9. A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.
10. “Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women.”
11. “We bought ‘Ray-Ban’ sunglasses for five Euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.”
12. “No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”
13. “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home.”
14. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends’ three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller..”
15. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying there?”
16. “There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad.”
17. “We had to queue outside with no air conditioning.”
18. “It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.”
19. “I was bitten by a mosquito, no-one said they could bite.”
20. “My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
What is one of the craziest reviews you’ve ever read?
The Great Lakes region is fast becoming one of NSW’s most popular destination wedding locations on the Mid North Coast. With stunning natural landmarks, pristine beaches and picture perfect lakeside landscapes, there is a wedding location just right for every bride and groom.
Forster Tuncurry area has a great selection of restaurants, caterers and venues to suit most reception needs, and professional photographers who can bring your unique vision to life. The region boasts many diverse and picturesque options including: peaceful and secluded Seal Rocks with the iconic Sugarloaf lighthouse, the bustling trendy hamlet of Pacific Palms with its luxury beach side houses, Tiona’s outdoor Green Cathedral nestled on the banks of Wallis Lake amongst the towering palm trees and cabbage palms and Forster Tuncurry the bustling beach side twin towns, boasting stunning lake views across the crystal blue waters of the lake and ocean.
The region also has access to some of the nation’s best seafood, legendary Sydney Rock oysters and boutique local wine makers.
Located an easy 3 hour drive north of Sydney, the Great Lakes region is far away enough to escape the city hustle and bustle, yet close enough for your guests to enjoy a peaceful and relaxed time away for your wedding.
You can find a full directory listing of wedding specific providers on the Great Lakes Tourism website HERE.
Sevan Preferred Wedding Providers
Black Label Limousines Forster
“We pride ourselves on our personalised, friendly and professional service with attention to the finest detail.”
Leau Da Cha – Food with Flair.
We support your entire event by collaborating in the planning and design stages of the menu, to coordinating all food and function needs. We then ensures the personal delivery of the menu, with all food handmade and sourced from local produce from the Forster Tuncurry region.
Great Lakes Tourism has put together some exciting scenic drive itineraries showcasing some of the areas fabulous attractions.
What a fantastic time of year to get out and explore all the beautiful diversity our region has to offer!
Visit ‘the Grandis’ – the tallest tree in NSW, Pebbly Beach, Ellanborough Falls, Seal Rocks, Picnic at Whoota Whoota National Park and much much more…
Head over to the Great Lakes Tourism website to choose from various coastal, hinterland, 2 Wheel Drive and 4 Wheel Drive itineraries.
The Forster Island Paddle Festival will be run this year in conjunction with the Forster Island Challenge . Saturday 6th & 7th February 2016.
If you are a keen Stand Up Paddle Boarder, swimmer, runner or all of the above then you have to check out this event. Where else can you paddle or swim from island to island in crystal clear waterways? The answer is Forster unless you are from Far North Queensland. But lets face it who wants to travel all that way when we have it right here within a couple of hours drive from home.
Last years event broke the record for the Largest SUP event in Australia with a vast field of competition including former and current Iron man and woman champions. This year event will be even bigger and better with more giant SUP’s and demo’s available from Fanatic SUP Australia.
If you are looking for accommodation Sevan Apartments Forster is running a great 3 night special. Call Sevan direct on (02) 6555 0300 to secure the most convenient and luxurious accommodation for the event. Lock up garages available for your SUP’s and equipment.
Love The Great Lakes Tourism Website
Address: Wingham Showgrounds, Gloucester road, Wingham
Date: Friday, October 16, 2015 to Sunday, October 18, 2015
Phone Number: 6557 0357
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wingham Akoostik Festival is a three day celebration of music, showcasing local artists as well as some of Australia’s best loved musicians. Previous festivals have seen performances from James Reyne, Grace Knight, Wendy Matthews, Richard Clapton and Rick Price, just to name a few.
Included over the three day event are workshops catering for all ages and interests. Camping is available for the entire festival at the Wingham Showgrounds.
For a full list of performing artists and current ticket prices please refer to the festival website below.
Wingham Akoostic Festival Website
When:Sun 11- Fri 16 Oct 2015
Location:Forster Golf Club, Strand Street, Forster
Sunday 11th Oct – Forster Golf Clubhouse – Registrations 2pm-4pm
Monday 12th Oct – Tuncurry Golf Course Par 72 – Stableford, 1st Round Championships
Tuesday 13th Oct – Taree Golf Course Par 71 – Stableford, 2nd Round Championships
Wednesday 14th Oct – LEISURE DAY
Thursday 15th Oct – Tallwoods Golf Course Par 72 – Stableford, 3rd Round Championships
Friday 16th Oct – Forster Golf Club Par 66 – 18 Hole 2BBB Medley Stableford
PRESENTATION DINNER, 6:30PM FOR A 7PM START AT FORSTER GOLF CLUB.
For great accommodation specials all week long. Call Sevan Apartments Forster NOW!!!
For more information on the event and courses. Click the links below.
Spring Fling Race Day
When: Sat 12 Sep 2015, 11am
Location: Tuncurry Race Course, Chapman Rd, Tuncurry
Phone: 0429 967 823
Taree Motorcycle Club proudly presents the Australian Senior Track Championships this weekend Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th of August 2015.
Practise from 10am. Racing from 12 noon Saturday & 10am Sunday. Come down, show some support for these talented athletes, volunteers and the Taree Motorcycle Club. Heaps of action packed racing with the best in Australia going head to head, canteen facilities and general fun. See you there.
Taree Motorcycle Club
Troy Bayliss Events
Taree Motorcycle Club Facebook
Great Lakes Tourist Information
Manning Valley Tourist Information
When: Sat 15 Aug 2015
Location: 23 Pine Ave, Tuncurry NSW 2428
Head to Tyrepower Tuncurry for a FAMILY FUN DAY this Saturday.
The fun day will run from 9am and include a jumping castle, face painting, fairy floss, balloons, free BBQ, as well as specials on tyres.
You will also have the opportunity to meet the National Ambassador for Tyrepower – CRAIG LOWNDES. Craig will be at the Tyrepower shop in Tuncurry between 12:30pm-3pm.
Bears Tuncurry Tyrepower
Great Lakes Tourism
Come along to the Nabiac Caravan, Boating, Fishing and 4WD Show to see more than 105 of the latest caravans including many of next year’s models, more than 35 camper trailers, many of next year’s models of boats, canoes and tinnies, a very large display of the latest fishing gear, tackle & accessories, just released models of towing automobiles from Nissan and Toyota.
It’s an action packed start to the school holidays this week and weekend around Forster/Tuncurry and today the weather was lovely. Kicking it all off is the annual Crazy Day. Great shopping, fun and bargains this Thursday 3/7/14. Checkout the previous blog post for more details. Friday is the start of the NSW country tennis championships which runs all week from Friday the 4th – 11th of July. For more info. visit: tennis.com.au/forstertennis. Friday night we have the 3B’s show in town, showcasing a great range of the Beatles, The Beach Boys and The Bee Gees best music for more info. visit: tuncurrybeachbowlingclub.com.au/. Saturday and Sunday there will be plenty of fun for the whole family at the annual Forster Keys Fun Day with power and vintage boats, classic cars, jumping castles, huge BBQ and food stalls. Visit the following links for more events and info. coming up for the school holidays. http://www.greatlakes.org.au/events/by-month/. This is just mentioning a few so get onto the great lakes tourism site and see what tickles what your fancy.
Bargains all the way at the Annual Crazy Shopping Day. With sales and specials to be found throughout town – Stockland Forster, Wharf Street and Tuncurry. Wharf Street will be closed to traffic from 8am to 3pm. Entertainment and fun for everyone with a jumping castle, rides, clowns and much more. Wharf St will be closed for what is the towns biggest trading day of the year. You’d be crazy to miss it!!!!
Come and stay in the prime location and make the most of this great day. Sevan apartments is located just 150 metres from the town centre, 150 metres from main beach, a short stroll across the stunning Forster/Tuncurry Bridge for more shopping or a short drive to Stocklands holding massive bargains after the recent hail storm.
Let’s Get CRAZY. Call us or email directly for the best deals email@example.com/dev or ( 02 ) 65550300